Current Opportunities with CALCAP
Acquisition and Investment Associate
Location: Pasadena, CA
Primarily responsible for acquisition data analytics, asset management, portfolio analytics, investment acquisition strategy, and broker relations Job duties include:
- Build and maintain active pipeline of potential acquisitions.
- Conduct preliminary deal analysis and prioritization via derivation of key metrics such as: price per square foot, price per unit, gross yield, historical expense/revenues, forecasted expense/revenues and various cap rate metrics.
- Conduct full investment acquisition analysis including preparing a detailed proforma using CALCAP’s proprietary underwriting model.
- Create Offering Memorandums to solicit investor contributions into deal syndication.
- Coordinate all desktop and onsite due diligence activities to ensure a smooth transition from acquisition to property management.
- Mentor Acquisition Analysts and Interns as needed.
- Create value and maximize operations by providing feedback on overall financial performance of individual assets and portfolio.
- Review and approve property annual operating budgets to ensure they meet or exceed original investor projections.
- Conduct monthly Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis to hold property management accountable to the business plans.
- Participate in key aspects of the strategy and performance of portfolio assets from “cradle to grave” including acquisition, financing, business plan strategy, renovation, pricing, operational strategy, and disposition.
- Conduct recurring valuation and buy/sell/hold analyses for existing portfolio in accordance with investment policy for discussion and recommendation to the Investment Committee.
- Perform rent and sales comp analysis for ongoing acquisitions and portfolio mark-to-market.
- Conduct mark to market of CALCAP held portfolio via sales comparables analysis.
- Estimate expected returns for CALCAP member investors (LP) and CALCAP (GP) through waterfall model.
- Research key macro real estate market data using various resources, considerations and metrics using Costar, Yardi, CrediFi, Broker Research, Market Cycle Monitors, etc.
- Interact with brokers to advise them of CALCAP’s acquisition, review broker websites for prospective deals, and ensure that call for offer dates for focus deals are prioritized
- Engage and solicit off-market transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Development or related business field
- 3 years of experience in real estate acquisitions and/or asset management involving the following: (1) financial modeling and valuation of RE investments; (2) conducting expense benchmarking, gross potential rent analysis, and contract review; (3) performing portfolio analytics and deal structuring; and (4) conducting RE market analysis to determine health of market and related RE values. The experience must also include 3 years utilizing the following tools: Excel, Yardi Voyager, LRO, Conservice.
- Must be willing to travel nationally up to 5 times/year or 1-4 days/trip.
Send Resumes to: email@example.com
Josie Fowler, Human Resource Manager, CALCAP Advisors, 740 North 52nd St., Ste. 200 Phoenix, AZ 85008