Current Opportunities with CALCAP
Acquisition and Investment Associate
Location: Pasadena, CA
NOTICE OF FILING
California Capital Real Estate Advisors, Inc is filing an application for Alien Employment Certification for the following position: Acquisition and Investment Associate in Pasadena, CA.
- Primarily responsible for acquisition data analytics, asset management, portfolio analytics, investment acquisition strategy, and broker relations.
- Build and maintain active pipeline of potential acquisitions.
- Conduct preliminary deal analysis and prioritization via derivation of key metrics such as: price per square foot, price per unit, gross yield, historical expense/revenues, forecasted expense/revenues and various cap rate metrics.
- Conduct full investment acquisition analysis including preparing a detailed proforma using CALCAP’s proprietary underwriting model.
- Create Offering Memorandums to solicit investor contributions into deal syndication.
- Coordinate all desktop and onsite due diligence activities to ensure a smooth transition from acquisition to property management.
- Mentor Acquisition Analysts and Interns as needed.
- Create value and maximize operations by providing feedback on overall financial performance of individual assets and portfolio.
- Review and approve property annual operating budgets to ensure they meet or exceed original investor projections.
- Conduct monthly Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis to hold property management accountable to the business plans. Participate in key aspects of the strategy and performance of portfolio assets from “cradle to grave” including acquisition, financing, business plan strategy, renovation, pricing, operational strategy, and disposition.
- Conduct recurring valuation and buy/sell/hold analyses for existing portfolio in accordance with investment policy for discussion and recommendation to the Investment Committee.
- Perform rent and sales comp analysis for ongoing acquisitions and portfolio mark-to-market.
- Conduct mark to market of CALCAP held portfolio via sales comparables analysis. Estimate expected returns for CALCAP member investors (LP) and CALCAP (GP) through waterfall model.
- Research key macro real estate market data using various resources, considerations and metrics using Costar, Yardi, CrediFi, Broker Research, Market Cycle Monitors, etc.
- Interact with brokers to advise them of CALCAP’s acquisition, review broker websites for prospective deals, and ensure that call for offer dates for focus deals are prioritized. Engage and solicit off-market transactions.
$93,333 Annual Salary
Must have bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Development or related business field.
Must have 3 years of experience in the job offered or 3 years of real estate acquisitions and/or asset management involving the following:
(1) financial modeling and valuation of RE investments;
(2) conducting expense benchmarking, gross potential rent analysis, and contract review;
(3) performing portfolio analytics and deal structuring; and
(4) conducting RE market analysis to determine health of market and related RE values.
The experience must also include 3 years utilizing the following tools: Excel, Yardi Voyager, LRO, Conservice.
Must be willing to travel nationally up to 5 times/year for 1-4 days/trip.
Contact Josie Fowler, Human Resource Manager, 740 North 52nd Street, Suite 200 Phoenix, AZ 85008.